Jean Morée, M.S., Ed.S., LLPC, NCC, CCTSI
I have a variety of experiences in the counseling field over the course of 11 years, including individual, couples and family counseling, crisis counseling, and group therapy. Specific areas of clinical experience include depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, borderline personality disorder, trauma, PTSD, substance-abuse disorders and addiction, issues related to dysfunctional family systems, anger issues, domestic violence and abuse.
I have an eclectic approach to counseling with a strong reliance on cognitive behavioral therapy which focuses on how your beliefs and inner self-talk interact with your feelings and behaviors. In addition, I also employ other therapeutic approaches including Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART), emotionally focused therapy, schema therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, and written exposure therapy for trauma.
I am a military-informed clinician and trained in military specific culture and treatments that focus on the needs of the military population and military-connected families.
Counseling services will be provided to Michigan residents via telehealth using the HIPPA-compliant version of Zoom.
Jean Morée’s MI License: 6451018727
As a Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, I am working under the supervision of Julie Grant, M.A., Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
- M.S. in Counseling & Human Systems: Mental Health Counseling from Florida State University 
- Ed.S. in Counseling & Human Systems: Mental Health Counseling from Florida State University 
- National Certified Counselor ™ (NCC®) from the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Certified PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator
- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist – Individual (CCTSI) from the Arizona Trauma Institute
- Trained in Written Exposure Therapy (WET) for trauma/PTSD
- Trained in Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)
- Completed Level 1 and Level 2 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- International Society of Accelerated Resolution Therapy (IS-ART)
- Michigan Counseling Association (MCA)
- Licensed Professional Counselors of Northern Michigan
- American Counseling Association (ACA)