Jean Morée, LPC, NCC, CCTSI
I have over a decade of experience providing individual and couples counseling. Specific areas of clinical experience include depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, borderline personality disorder, trauma, PTSD, substance-abuse disorders and addiction, issues related to dysfunctional family systems, as well as working with victims of domestic violence and abuse.
I have an eclectic approach to counseling with a strong reliance on cognitive behavioral therapy which focuses on how your beliefs and inner self-talk interact with your feelings and behaviors. In addition, I also employ other therapeutic approaches including Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART), emotionally focused therapy, schema therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, and written exposure therapy for trauma.
I am a military-informed clinician and trained in military specific culture and treatments that focus on the needs of the military population and military-connected families.
Counseling services will be provided to individuals in Michigan and Florida via telehealth using the HIPPA-compliant version of Zoom.
Michigan License: 6401223068
Florida Telehealth Provider Registration Number: TPMC2702 (http://www.flhealthsource.gov/telehealth/)
- M.S. in Counseling & Human Systems: Mental Health Counseling from Florida State University 
- Ed.S. in Counseling & Human Systems: Mental Health Counseling from Florida State University 
- National Certified Counselor™ (NCC®) from the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Certified PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator
- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist – Individual (CCTSI) from the Arizona Trauma Institute
- Certified Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) therapist from the International Society of Accelerated Resolution Therapy (IS-ART)
- Trained in Written Exposure Therapy (WET) for trauma/PTSD
- Trained in Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)
- Completed Level 1 and Level 2 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- International Society of Accelerated Resolution Therapy (IS-ART)
- Michigan Counseling Association (MCA)
- Licensed Professional Counselors of Northern Michigan
- American Counseling Association (ACA)